BRUNNER Elektronik AG (hereinafter referred to as “BRUNNER”, “we” or “us”) undertakes to process all personal data (hereinafter referred to as “personal data”) collected via the portal in accordance with Swiss data protection law and to take appropriate security measures to protect such data from unauthorized access. In this data protection declaration, we inform you in particular about which personal data is collected and processed in connection with the use of the portal, for which purposes it is used, to whom it may be passed on and what your rights are in connection with the use of your personal data by BRUNNER Elektronik AG. Personal data is any information that relates to a specific or identifiable natural or legal person, e.g. surname, first name, address, e-mail, date of birth or telephone number.
By accessing the online portal (hereinafter referred to as “portal” or “website”) and using the services and products we offer, you declare that you have carefully read this data protection declaration and agree to the data processing described. Any questions in connection with this data protection declaration can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com at any time. If you do not agree with this statement, do not access the portal or use our services and products.
- who is responsible for your personal data
- how we process personal data
- which personal data we collect for which processing purposes
- on what legal basis we process personal data about you
- with whom we share your personal data
- transfer of personal data to countries outside the EEA
- how long we keep information about you
- cookies, Google services
- social media plug-ins
- email communications and newsletters for promotional purposes
- no automated decisions including profiling with legal effect
- privacy statements of third-party providers
- what your rights are
- who is responsible for your personal data
The responsible party in terms of data protection legislation is BRUNNER Elektronik AG, Indust-riestrasse 27, 8335 Hittnau, 044 953 10 10 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquiries should be directed to BRUNNER Elektronik AG. Our EU data protection representative is VGS Datenschutzpartner GmbH, Am Kaiserkai 69, 20457 Hamburg, Germany, email@example.com
BRUNNER Elektronik AG determines the purposes and means of processing your personal data and is therefore responsible for the processing and use of your personal data in accordance with this data protection statement. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or the processing of your personal data, please contact us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. how we process personal data
3. which personal data we collect for which processing purposes
3.1 Personal data automatically transmitted via the use of the portal
BRUNNER Elektronik AG collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files” when you visit our website. The data collection is based on your will and interest to visit our website and our be-rechtigten interests to operate the website. This may include the following data:
- Browser type and version;
- Operating systems used;
- Referrer URL (the website previously visited);
- host name of the accessing computer;
- Date and time of the server request;
- Internet Protocol address (IP address);
- Amount of data transferred;
- Other similar data and information used to avert danger in the event of attacks on our IT systems.
This personal data is not merged with other personal data and is stored separately from any other personal data transmitted by the user. They are deleted from our system after six months at the latest.
BRUNNER Elektronik AG uses the automatically collected personal data to fulfill the following purposes:
- to enable the display, operation and functionality of the portal
- to ensure the stability and security of the system
- to improve and protect our services
- for statistical purposes in case of attacks on the network infrastructure on which the web site is provided
3.2 Personal data, which the user transmits to us
BRUNNER Elektronik AG collects and processes personal data that the user voluntarily submits to BRUNNER Elektronik AG via an online form directly on the portal, via our contact e-mail address, via any other applications linked to the portal, by telephone or in any other way. This information includes, for example, the following personal data:
- name, first name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
- your message or your request.
The provision of this personal data is expressly on a voluntary basis. Without this personal data, however, we will not be able to provide the services requested by the user in the desired quality or at all.
BRUNNER Elektronik AG uses the personal data provided by the user to fulfill the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, protect and optimize the offered services and information
- to communicate with you and to provide you with the best possible and personalized information that you require from us (e.g. about our products and services)
- to offer you new services and information and, based on your profile, to suggest customized services and information that may be of interest to you
- to comply with legal or other regulatory requirements and internal policies
- to establish, exercise and/or defend against actual or potential legal claims, investigations or similar proceedings
- for other lawful purposes, if such processing is apparent from the circumstances or was indicated at the time of collection.
4. on what legal basis do we process personal data about you?
The processing of this personal data is based on the following legal bases:
- your consent, only if it can be revoked at any time (e.g. when you sign up for our newsletter and other marketing communications)
- for the performance of a contract with you or for the intention to enter into a contract with you (e.g. when you purchase a product)
- to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. for tax purposes or for the purposes of legal investigations or proceedings); or
- to protect our legitimate interests (e.g. protection and security of our services, systems, assets; compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations; assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims; maintenance and efficient organization of business operations; improvement and development of our services; and sale and marketing of our services).
If the processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interests, you may withdraw your consent or object to this processing at any time by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Please note, however, that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
5. to whom we pass on your personal data
BRUNNER Elektronik AG takes the necessary measures to ensure that only our authorized personnel and our auxiliary persons who have the necessary knowledge have access to your personal data in order to fulfill the purposes for which your personal data was collected.
We may disclose your personal data, in accordance with the purposes and legal bases of processing described above, to the following possible categories of recipients, to the extent necessary for the intended data processing:
- Other companies of the Group;
- Service providers who process personal data on behalf of and at the instruction of BRUNNER Elektronik AG (so-called order processors, such as in the areas of IT, hosting and support).
- customers, partners, suppliers, insurance companies and other business partners
- Media agencies, the public, including visitors to websites and social media of the Group;
- Industry organizations, associations and other bodies;
- Acquirers or parties interested in acquiring business units, companies or other parts of the Group;
- courts, arbitration bodies, law enforcement agencies, regulators, attorneys and other parties in potential
We select our partners and order processors carefully and only with sufficient assurance that they have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place in accordance with legal requirements. Our order processors can only process personal data upon documented instructions from us. They are all subject to confidentiality requirements and may only use your personal data to the extent necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your personal data was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
6. transfer of personal data to countries outside the EEA
If data is transferred to countries that do not provide an adequate level of protection, we will ensure adequate data protection by taking appropriate safeguards, such as contractual safeguards (e.g., based on EU standard clauses), based on binding corporate rules, transferring data pursuant to your explicit consent, for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you, or in connection with the establishment, exercise or enforcement of legal claims. For more information about our reasonable security measures, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. how long we keep information about you
As a general rule, personal data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, unless longer retention is necessary to comply with legal obligations (e.g., retention and documentation obligations), contractual or pre-contractual obligations, or legitimate business interests of ours (e.g., to assert, exercise or defend legal claims).
On this basis, we generally process personal data in compliance with the following rules and obligations:
- The personal data automatically transmitted by you through the use of our portal (see point 3.1.) for the purpose of displaying, operating and ensuring the functionality of the portal will be deleted within three to six months.
- The personal data you transmit to us in connection with the use of our services and products that are offered on our portal or that you otherwise transmit to us via the e-mail contact address (cf. point 3.2.) will generally be stored by us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to its storage or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after processing your inquiry has been completed).
- For contract-related personal data (including business documents and communications), we store personal data as long as the contractual relationship exists and thereafter for ten additional years after termination of the contractual relationship, unless (i) in individual cases a shorter or longer legal retention obligation applies, (ii) retention is required for reasons of evidence or for another valid reason under applicable law, or (iii) deletion of the data is required earlier (e.g. because the data is no longer needed or we have to delete the relevant data)
8. cookies, services of Google
When you access or use the Website, we may place so-called cookies – small text files – or similar tools on your computer. We use these coo-kies to recognize you as a user of the Website, to customize content, to improve the performance of the Website and to enhance its usability.
a) Categories of cookies that we use
Depending on their function and purpose, the cookies we use can be divided into the following categories: functional cookies, performance cookies and advertising cookies.
- functional cookies: these cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, functionality and performance of a website and, in particular, to improve visitors’ experience and enjoyment of the website. They allow a website to remember information that has already been provided (e.g., username, location, or language selection) and provide visitors with enhanced, more personalized functionality. Functional cookies are used, for example, to remember things like your login information. These cookies can’t save your behaviour on other websites.
- Performance cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how a website is used – for example, how visitors came to our website, which pages a visitor opens most often, how you navigated our website during your visit, and whether you receive error messages from a page. We may also use these cookies to provide us with certain statistical and analytical information, such as how many visitors have come to our website. These cookies are used to monitor the level of website activity and improve website performance.
- Advertising cookies allow us or a third party vendor to serve ads on our website or on third party websites with products that the user likes, so that the ads the user sees may be more relevant to the user’s preferences or interests (sometimes referred to as “targeting cookies”). They may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotions.
These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf. For more information about cookies and their use, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
The legal basis for data processing follows from your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO) or our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO). Our legitimate interest follows from the data processing for the shipment of your ordered items as well as the offers of new products or products that apply to you.
You can configure your browser settings so that no cookies are stored on your computer. Complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
b) Google Analytics
On its website, BRUNNER Elektronik AG uses the website analysis service of Google Analytics, which is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The cookies used by Google Analytics are stored on your computer and thereby enable an analysis of your use of the website.
We use Google Analytics on the basis of our legitimate interests to analyze and regularly improve our website, as well as to use the statistics obtained to regularly improve our offer and make it more interesting for you. Furthermore, the use of Google Analytics is based on your consent to the tracking of your surfing behavior on our websites and their analytical evaluation.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. These cookies may contain the following information, for example: IP address, number, date and time of the visit, duration of the visit, your access page from which you use the website (reference URL), the pages visited on our website, browser type/version and operating system used. Google will use this information on our behalf because we have a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior so that we can optimize the offer on our website as well as our advertising. Google uses this information to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services related to the use of the website and internet usage. Likewise, pseudonymized user profiles can be created from the processed personal data.
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website (so-called IP masking). This means that your IP address is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union, in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and in Switzerland before being transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of personal data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this personal data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. Alternatively, or within browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection of your personal data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: Disable collection of personal data by Google Analytics for this website. In this case, a special opt-out cookie will be set on your device that will prevent the future collection of your usage personal data when visiting this website. If you delete your saved cookies, you will need to click this link again. For more information on how Google Analytics handles user personal data, please see Google’s personal data privacy statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de.
c) Google Maps
This website uses the Google Maps API offer, a map service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
The legal basis of the processing results from your consent based on your voluntary information for the creation of a map and our legitimate interests in the presentation of our location and an easy location of the place indicated by us on the website.
By using Google Maps, information about the use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google may transfer the information obtained through Google Maps to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Nevertheless, it would be technically possible for Google to identify at least individual users on the basis of the data received. It would be possible that personal data and personality profiles of users of the website could be processed by Google for other purposes, over which we have and can have no influence.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Google, as well as further information on your rights in this regard and settings options for protecting your privacy, please visit: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
9. social media plug-ins
We use the social plug-ins listed below on our website to make our company better known. The underlying promotional purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO [balance of interests legitimate interest versus interest of the data subject to respect their fundamental rights must be included in the procedure directory]. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be ensured by their respective providers. Data processing in connection with these plug-ins is carried out with your consent when you use them.
If you use the services of these social networks independently of or in connection with our website, the social networks evaluate your use of the plug-in. In this case, information about the plug-in is forwarded to the social networks.
Our website uses plug-ins from the social network Facebook, which is offered by Meta Platforms, Inc, 1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. The Facebook plug-ins are marked with a Facebook logo or the addition “Like” or “Share”. An overview of the Facebook plug-ins and their appearance can be found at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to Facebook’s servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and integrated into the page.
Through this integration, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook profile or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly assign your visit to our website to your Facebook profile. If you interact with the plug-ins, e.g. press the “Like” button, this information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on your Facebook profile and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Our website uses the plug-in of the social network Instagram, which is offered by Meta Platforms, Inc., 1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
Plug-ins of the social network LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Avenue Sunnyvale, California 94085, USA, are installed on our website. You can recognize the LinkedIn plug-in (“LinkedIn Recommended” button) by the LinkedIn logo. When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, a direct connection is established between your browser and the LinkedIn server. LinkedIn thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the LinkedIn button while you are logged into your LinkedIn account, you can link the content of our pages on your LinkedIn profile. This allows LinkedIn to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by LinkedIn. You can find further information at: www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
10.e-mail communication and newsletter for advertising purposes
If you sign up for our newsletter, we will use your email address to send you information about our services as well as other commercial communications (e.g. announcements of events, contests, promotions and surveys) that may be of interest to you. For security reasons, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure to register for the newsletter. After registration, we send a confirmation e-mail with a link to the e-mail address provided during registration, which you must click to definitively confirm that the newsletter is to be delivered. You can unsubscribe from such newsletter emails at any time by clicking on the highlighted “Unsubscribe from this list” link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us directly via email at
11. No automated decisions including profiling with legal effect.
We will not make any decision about you based solely on automated processing – including profiling – that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
BRUNNER Elektronik AG has implemented organizational and technical measures to maintain the security of personal data and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access.
BRUNNER Elektronik AG may use third parties as data processors to collect and process your personal data. The data processors we use will only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and are required by law to take strict security precautions when handling personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our utmost to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. For this reason, you are always free to submit your personal information to us by other means, such as by telephone. Once we have received your data, we apply strict procedures and stringent security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
13. privacy statements of third parties
Our website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16 unless we have the express consent of their parents. If we are notified or otherwise learn that personal information of a child under 16 has been improperly collected, we will take all reasonable steps to delete that personal information.
15 What are your rights
You can request information from BRUNNER Elektronik AG, with proof of your identity, as to whether personal data about you is being processed. In addition, you have the right to request the correction, destruction or restriction of personal data about yourself and to object to the processing of your personal data. If the processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interests, you may withdraw your consent or object to this processing at any time by contacting us directly by email at email@example.com. In certain cases, you have the right to receive personal data generated by the use of online services in a structured, common and machine-readable format so that further use and transfer to any third party provider is possible.
Requests in this regard should be addressed to BRUNNER Elektronik AG via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. BRUNNER Elektronik AG reserves the right to restrict your rights within the scope of applicable law and, for example, not to disclose comprehensive information or to delete personal data. Please note that even after a request to delete your personal data, we must retain it in whole or in part within the scope of legal and contractual retention obligations. The deletion of your personal data may result in you no longer being able to use our services.
If we reject your request or if you are not satisfied with our processing, you are also entitled to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and to lodge an appeal with the competent authority. The competent authority is the Swiss Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) in Bern (http://www.edoeb.admin.ch).
BRUNNER Elektronik AG reserves the right to adapt, supplement or otherwise change this personal data protection declaration at any time and without giving reasons. The current personal data protection statement as published on the portal applies.